Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Week 6 EOC: Me X3

What defines a person? This is not exactly an easy answer. There are many things that come together as parts of a whole – different traits and things that essentially make a person, but can you be defined by these things? More importantly, should you be, and would you like to be? For instance, I could be defined as a Caucasian female, and yet, that is not all that I am. With that being said, there are many characteristics, as well as everyday items, that enable us as individuals in society. So, let’s take a look at three things that help to encompass the “everyday me.”


Chuck Taylor’s – or, more commonly known as, “chucks”


I am not a very materialistic person, nor am I obsessed with fashion – in fact, I could probably argue with someone over being any kind of fashion savvy – because I’m not, not really. I don’t know what’s in style, I don’t have the latest season of clothing, and I don’t own a closet full of shoes. Currently, I only have four pairs of footwear in possession: flip flops for the summer season, work shoes, and two pairs of chucks (green and black, respectively). Why green, you may ask? Well, green is my favorite color, but it’s unfortunate because I hardly wear that pair (mostly due to not owning very many green clothes to match, and well.. I don’t go out much) and, as a result, they still fit like new – which, if you’ve ever worn a pair, isn’t that comfortable. You have to break your chucks in. Black is, quite obviously, the easier and safer bet because I can wear this pair with anything… although I am in drastic need of replacing them.


iPod Nano – 14GB


Unfortunately for me, my car stereo was stolen, and although I’m pretty sure it is illegal to do so – I listen to my iPod while I drive (unless, of course, I need to really concentrate on where I’m going, because then music just becomes a distraction). The most convenient feature about the iPod, however, is its portability: I can take this thing anywhere, and 99.9% of the time, you will find it with me. It’s lightweight and small, so I am able to easily slip it into my pocket and continue on with my business. Who doesn’t love portable music?


Macbook


I know what you’re thinking: Erica, you’re a photographer, why isn’t there a camera on here? Well, for one, I don’t view my camera as an object outside of myself – instead, I consider it as an extension of me, and therefore it is more than just a simple product I use. Also, there may be days where I am unable to use my camera, so although photography is always part of my daily life, it is not something that I always implement. So what about my macbook, right? What makes that so special? Well, aside from the obvious answer of connecting me to friends and people in other states via social networking, I have endless possibilities at my disposable. As a millennial, I am part of the technological generation: I grew up with the internet, therefore using it every day (whether or not that is smart or healthy and beneficial is another matter entirely) just comes as second nature to me. Also, I am able to post images through my computer, as well as edit, and listen to music or update my iPod – so, really, it makes sense to have it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment